Perio Practice Management: Newsletters
If you are in a referral based practice situation, one way to get your name out in front of all of your general dentist and specialist referral targets in your geographic area is to write your own newsletter. Furthermore, if your local dental society publishes a monthly or quarterly newsletter for their membership, you can adapt the same text and submit it their publication in the form of a column you write.. For several years I was a member of The Academy of General Dentistry (AGD). Our local Louisiana Chapter had a quarterly publication named The Pelican’s Pouch, which was circulated to all AGD member throughout this state. It helped our name recognition tremendously and we began to even get referrals from out of town dentists.
PDFcopies of these publications can be found below. Keep in mind, these were written in the late 1990s and early 2000s so some of the information is outdated based on new science since then.
Pelican’s Pouch PDFs:
- Electric Toothbrushes: A Tool for Prevention
- Evaluation of the Perio Chip
- Supportive periodontal therapy
- Don’t be fooled by disease masking
- Low dose doxycycline (Periostat)
- Being your best
- Tobacco and periodontal health
- Sonic and ultrasonic scalers
- Arestin: the newest tool for perio
- Dental endoscopy: seeing is believing
- To bleach or not to bleach……
- Refractory patients and DNA bacteriologic analysis