We will register your account with the GeauxPerio site to access all of the Services. Access is limited to individuals completing the instructions on the access page. Log in credentials will be emailed to users. Access credentials may not be shared with other users. DNS tracking services provided by Google Analytics provides user location data. Users sharing access credentials will be blocked.
Use of the Services
The Services are intended for periodontists and other healthcare professionals. By using the Services, you represent and warrant that you have the right, authority, and capacity to agree to and abide by these Terms and that you are not prohibited from using the Services or any portion thereof.
The information and tools that we make available through the Services are provided for educational and informational purposes only. While we hope you find the Services useful to you as a healthcare professional, they are in no way intended to serve as a diagnostic service or platform, to provide certainty with respect to a diagnosis, to recommend a particular product or therapy or to otherwise substitute for the clinical judgment of a qualified healthcare professional. You agree that you will not use the Services with the intention of creating any kind of physician/patient relationship, e.g., to diagnose or treat users. You are solely responsible for evaluating the information obtained from the Services and for your use or misuse of such information in connection with your treatment decisions or otherwise. You agree that you shall be solely responsible for your compliance with all laws and standards of professional practice applicable to you and the practice of medicine or other relevant health profession.
If you are a consumer who chooses to access the professional-level information made available through GeauxPerio, you should not rely on that information as professional medical advice or use the content as a replacement for any relationship with your physician or other qualified healthcare professional. For medical concerns, including decisions about medications and other treatments, consumers should always consult their physician or, in serious cases, seek immediate assistance from emergency medical personnel.
Subject to your compliance with these Terms, you are granted a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable and non-sublicensable license to use the services and to view the information and materials made available through the site. GeauxPerio is solely for your personal and professional use. You shall not use, copy, adapt, modify, prepare derivative works based upon, distribute, license, sell, transfer, publicly display, publicly perform, transmit, stream, broadcast or otherwise exploit the content, except as expressly permitted in these Terms. All rights not expressly granted herein are reserved to GeauxPerio as applicable.
The GeauxPerio site may contain links to third-party websites or resources which are not part of GeauxPerio. You agree that we are not responsible or liable for these websites and resources including, without limitation, their availability or the content and information that they provide. The inclusion in the GeauxPerio the work of third party resources, including links to third party websites, does not imply our endorsement of these resources.
You agree that you will not engage in any of the following activities in connection with your use of the Services:
- Forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any content transmitted through the site;
- Use, display, mirror or frame a GeauxPerio page, or any component thereof, or other proprietary information, without the written consent of GeauxPerio, as applicable;
- Remove any copyright, trademark or other proprietary rights notices contained GeauxPerio
- Infringe or use the GeauxPerio brand, logos and/or trademarks in any business name, email, URL or other context unless expressly approved in writing by GeauxPerio, as applicable;
- Attempt to circumvent any protective technological measure associated with the Services;
- Attempt to access or search the GeauxPerio site or any content contained therein through the use of any engine, software, tool, agent, device or mechanism (including scripts, bots, spiders, scraper, crawlers, data mining tools or the like) other than through software generally available through web browsers;
- Post, upload, transmit or otherwise distribute chain letters, pyramid schemes, advertising or spam;
- Impersonate or misrepresent your affiliation with another person or entity;
- Harvest or otherwise collect information about others, including email addresses;
- Interfere with or disrupt any of the Services or the associated computer or technical delivery systems;
- Interfere with, or attempt to interfere with, the access of any user, host or network, including, without limitation, sending a virus, overloading, flooding, spamming, or mail-bombing the GeauxPerio site;
- Fail to respect another user’s privacy. This includes revealing another user’s password, phone number, address, instant messenger I.D. or address or any other personally identifiable information; or
- Use the GeauxPerio site in any manner not permitted by these Terms.
We may (but are not obligated to) do any or all of the following without notice:
- Record or pre-screen User content submissions to public areas within the GeauxPerio site;
- Investigate your use of the Services as we deem appropriate to comply with any applicable law, regulation, government request or legal process;
- Edit GeauxPerio Content.
Information that you Make Available through the Services
You are solely responsible for ensuring that the user content that you make available through the Services complies with applicable laws including, without limitation, those relating to privacy, and also best clinical and ethical practices. Prior to submitting any user content to the Services, you must remove any information that identifies an individual or could reasonably enable the identification of an individual, e.g., name, e-mail address, social security number, insurance number or other unique identification number, biometric identifiers, facial photographs, photographs of identifying marks such as tattoos or scars. You shall be solely responsible for any claims arising from your failure to de-identify user content that you submit through the Services.
You agree that you will not use the services to make available user content that:
- you do not have the right to make available under any contractual or fiduciary agreement or law;
- infringes, misappropriates or violates a third party’s patent, copyright, trademark, trade secret, moral rights or other intellectual property rights, or rights of publicity or privacy;
- results in the violation of any applicable law or regulation, including, but not limited to, the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) or any other applicable privacy laws;
- is unlawful, harmful, obscene, defamatory, threatening, harassing, abusive, slanderous, offensive, or embarrassing to any other person or entity;
- promotes discrimination, bigotry, racism, hatred, harassment or harm against any individual or group;
- promotes illegal activity;
- is fraudulent, false, misleading or deceptive;
- constitutes an advertisement or solicitation of business; or
- contains viruses or other harmful computer code designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the use of any computer software or hardware.
You acknowledge and agree that the GeauxPerio site and any software used in connection with the GeauxPerio site (“Software”) contain proprietary and confidential information that is protected by applicable intellectual property and other laws. You further acknowledge and agree that the Content is protected by copyrights, trademarks, service marks, patents or other proprietary rights and laws. Except as expressly permitted by applicable law or as authorized by us or the applicable licensor, you agree not to modify, rent, lease, loan, sell, distribute, transmit, broadcast, publicly perform, create derivative works from, or “scrape” for commercial or any other purpose from the GeauxPerio site. , in whole or in part. Any use of the GeauxPerio site or the Services not expressly permitted by these Terms is a breach of these Terms and may violate our and third parties’ intellectual property rights.
You may view information provided through the Services online, download individual articles to your computer or mobile device for later reading or print a copy of an article for yourself. You may not remove any copyright notices from our materials. You agree not to access the Services by any means other than through the interface that is provided by us for use in accessing the Services.
GeauxPerio does not ever sell or distribute to any third party the names or email addresses provided by users at the website.
Most browsers are set to accept cookies by default. However, you can remove or reject cookies through your browser settings at any time.
Dealing with Third Parties
Your correspondence or business dealings with, or participation in promotions of, advertisers or other third parties found on or through the Services, including requests for and delivery of goods or services, and any other terms, conditions, warranties or representations associated with such dealings, are solely between you and such third party. You agree that we shall not be responsible or liable for any loss or damage of any sort incurred as the result of any such dealings or as the result of the introduction of such third parties through the Services.
Laws that Govern this Agreement
We control those components of the Services made available through our respective websites from our office within the state of Louisiana in the United States of America. By accessing the site, you agree that the statutes and laws of the State of Louisiana, without regard to choice of laws principles, will apply to all matters relating to use of the site.
Notwithstanding the foregoing, you may be subject to certain obligations and responsibilities associated with the jurisdiction in which you practice medicine or another health profession. We make no representation as to the legal compliance of the site and you are solely responsible for compliance with the laws of your jurisdiction, with respect to your use and misuse of the site and content.
Termination and Modification
You agree that we may, under certain circumstances and without prior notice, discontinue, temporarily or permanently, remove the GeauxPerio site(or any part thereof) or eliminate your account and remove any user content that you have made available through the site, with or without notice, for any of the following reasons (which are not intended to be exclusive): (a) breaches or violations of these Terms or other incorporated agreements or guidelines, (b) requests by law enforcement or other government agencies, (c) a request by you, (d) discontinuance or material modification to the site (or any part thereof), (e) technical or security issues or problems, (f) extended periods of inactivity, and/or (g) your engagement in fraudulent or illegal activities. You agree that all terminations for cause shall be made at our sole discretion, and we shall not be liable to you or any third party for any termination of your account or access to the Services.
THE GEAUXPERIO SITE CONTENT ARE PROVIDED “AS IS”, WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, WE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ANY WARRANTIES, EXPRESS IMPLIED, INCLUDING WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, QUIET ENJOYMENT OR NON-INFRINGEMENT, AND ANY WARRANTIES ARISING OUT OF COURSE OF DEALING OR USAGE OF TRADE. WE MAKE NO WARRANTY THAT THE GEAUXPERIO SITE CONTENT WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS OR BE AVAILABLE ON AN UNINTERRUPTED, SECURE, OR ERROR-FREE BASIS. WE MAKE NO WARRANTY AS TO THE ACCURACY, TIMELINESS, COMPLETENESS OR RELIABILITY OF ANY CONTENT OBTAINED THROUGH THE SERVICES. NO INFORMATION PROVIDED THROUGH THE SERVICES OR BY US IN ORAL OR WRITTEN FORM WILL CREATE ANY WARRANTY NOT EXPRESSLY MADE HEREIN YOUR RELIANCE UPON THE CONTENT OBTAINED OR USED BY YOU THROUGH THE SERVICES IS SOLELY AT YOUR OWN RISK. YOU ARE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ALL OF YOUR COMMUNICATIONS AND INTERACTIONS WITH OTHER USERS OF THE GEAUXPERIO SITE. YOU UNDERSTAND THAT WE DO NOT ASSUME RESPONSIBILITY FOR SCREENING ANY USER OF THE GEAUXPERIO SITE NOR DO WE VERIFY OR TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR USER CONTENT. WE DO NOT PROVIDE MEDICAL ADVICE AND WE DO NOT RECOMMEND OR ENDORSE ANY SPECIFIC PRODUCTS, PRODUCT USERS, THERAPIES, TESTS, PHYSICIANS, DENTISTS, HEALTHCARE PROFESSIONS OR OPINIONS.
In no event will GeauxPerio or any other person or entity involved in creating, developing or delivering the GeauxPerio site be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, incidental and consequential damages, personal injury/wrongful death, lost profits, or damages resulting from lost data or business interruption) arising out of or in connection with these Terms or from the use of or inability to access or use the GeauxPerio site, or from any communications or interactions with other persons with whom you communicate or interact as a result of your use of the site, whether based on warranty, contract, tort, or any other legal theory, and whether or not we, our licensors, ours suppliers, or any third parties mentioned with the site are advised of the possibility of such damages. We, our licensors, our suppliers, or any third parties mentioned within the site are not liable for any personal injury, including death, caused by your use or misuse of the GeauxPerio site or any information provided through the site. Any claims arising in connection with your use of the site must be brought within one (1) year of the date of the event giving rise to such action occurred. Remedies under these Terms are exclusive and are limited to those expressly provided for in these Terms. The limitations of damages set forth above are fundamental elements of the basis of the bargain between us and you.
You agree to defend, indemnify, and hold each of us and our respective officers, directors, employees, agents, licensors, and suppliers, harmless from and against any claims, actions or demands, liabilities and settlements including without limitation, reasonable legal and accounting fees, resulting from, or alleged to result from, your access to or use of the GeauxPerio site or your violation of these Terms.
Notice and Take Down Procedures and Copyright Agent
Certain sections of GeauxPerio contain protected works. Access to those areas within the site require separate user authentication and is limited to current residents of the LSU Periodontal residency. Access to those areas by other persons is prohibited.
If you believe any materials within the GeauxPerio site infringe your copyright, you may request removal of those materials (or access thereto) by contacting our copyright agent (identified below) and providing the following information:
- Identification of the copyrighted work that you believe to be infringed. Please describe the work, and where possible include a copy or the location (e.g., URL) of an authorized version of the work.
- Identification of the material that you believe to be infringing and its location. Please describe the material and provide us with its URL or any other pertinent information that will allow us to locate the material.
- Your name, address, telephone number and (if available) e-mail address.
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that the complained of use of the materials is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
- A statement that the information that you have supplied is accurate, and indicating that “under penalty of perjury,” you are the copyright owner or are authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf.
- A signature or the electronic equivalent from the copyright holder or authorized representative.
Our agent for copyright issues relating to this web site is as follows:
Steven J Spindler DDS, LLC
Attn: Office of Privacy
5525 Rebecca Blvd.
Kenner, LA 70065
We may terminate the account of any user who we determine is a repeat infringers.
We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to modify, discontinue or terminate any of GeauxPerio or these Terms, at any time and without prior notice. If we modify these Terms in a material way, we will provide notice of such modification within the GeauxPerio site. By continuing to access or use the Services after we have modified these Terms, you agree to be bound by the modified Terms. If the modified Terms are not acceptable to you, you agree to immediately stop using the GeauxPerio site and the Services.
Except as expressly provided in a particular “legal notice” on the website, these Terms constitute the entire agreement between you and GeauxPerio with respect to your use (and prior use) of the GeauxPerio site and the associated content.
These Terms constitute the entire and exclusive understanding and agreement between GeauxPerio and you regarding the GeauxPerio site and the services and these Terms supersede and replace any and all prior oral or written understandings or agreements between GeauxPerio and you regarding the GeauxPerio site and the services.
You may not assign or transfer these Terms, by operation of law or otherwise, without GeauxPerio’s prior written consent. Any attempt by you to assign or transfer these Terms, without such consent, will be null and of no effect. GeauxPerio may assign or transfer these Terms, at its sole discretion, without restriction. Subject to the foregoing, these Terms will bind and inure to the benefit of the parties, their successors and permitted assigns.
Any notices or other communications permitted or required hereunder, including those regarding material modifications to these Terms, will be in a written form and given: (i) by us via email (in each case to the email address included in your Registration Information); or (ii) by posting within the GeauxPerio site. For notices made by e-mail, the date of receipt will be deemed the date on which such notice is transmitted.
Our failure to enforce any right or provision of these Terms will not constitute a waiver of future enforcement of that right or provision. Except as expressly set forth in these Terms, the exercise by either party of any of its remedies under these Terms will be without prejudice to its other remedies under these Terms or otherwise.
All provisions of these Terms shall survive termination of your GeauxPerio site account except for your license to access and use the GeauxPerio content.
If you have questions about the Services or these Terms, or you wish to provide feedback, please contact us at email@example.com. By submitting feedback and suggestions, you grant a non-exclusive, perpetual, irrevocable, and royalty-free license to any intellectual property rights you may have in your feedback and suggestions to us to use to improve the services.